With chillier weather, and my pregnant belly getting larger and more uncomfortable, I prefer staying in stretchy pants and not having to get dressed to go outside. But my 2.5 year needs a physical outlet! So I came up with a couple of obstacle courses for him. This is one of them.
In order to make it up the stairs, Alexander had to complete 5 tasks:
(1) Stack books from largest to smallest.
(2) Connect a few pieces of train track.
(3) Place 3 bouncy balls in a bowl.
(4) Unzip one of my winter boots.
(5) Place 4 pieces of fruit in a large bowl.
(6) At the top of the stairs, he had to say “Wooo!” before he was finished.
By the end, he was able to set it all up for himself. He still needed me to say “Ready set go” and also encourage him along the way. But it was pretty self-guided after 2 run-throughs.
How do you wear your toddlers out when going out to play isn’t always an option?